Visas and permits
UKVI Student Route and Child Student Route
Post Brexit Rendcomb will still be positively encouraging and welcoming students from Europe to join us and experience everything that the Rendcomb family has to offer. We fully appreciate the benefits that our European students bring to the school and their contribution to our rich culture.
From 5 October 2020 the new Student Route will replace the Tier 4 route.
All students arriving from outside the UK from January 1, 2021 will require a Student Visa to study at Rendcomb College. We are a registered UKVI Student Sponsor and can offer students a place for study and help them apply for their Student Visa. Our Visa Administrator will be happy to assist you should you require any guidance on applying for a Visa and will provide supporting documentation, including a CAS.
There is more information below, containing useful links that we hope will help you with this process. We are here to answer any questions you may have.
Visa Administrator: Mrs Angela Davis
Telephone: +44 1285 832326
Mobile: +44 7795413375
- The Student route, which falls under the UK’s new points-based immigration system, improves on the previous Tier 4 route making for a more streamlined experience for both sponsoring institutions and students. Details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa
- Visas that have been issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid and those eligible will still be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
- The Graduate Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Student (or Tier 4) visa at the time of application.
- More information about the UK’s new points-based immigration system can be found here. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students, who from 1 January will need to comply with the new system can be found here.
- EU, EEA and Swiss citizens resident in the UK before 31 December should apply to the EU settlement scheme.
Hong Kong Families wishing to Settle in the UK
We understand that there is a great interest in Hong Kong Families wishing to settle in the UK under the Governments Re-settlement Scheme and we are happy to report that we have already accepted application into both Junior and Senior schools for September 2021 for families who have decided to settle in the Cotswolds. If you would like some more information about the Visa offering please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa.
If you would like to discuss a day place at Rendcomb College as part of this scheme then please do email us directly on email@example.com.